Head of Merchandising, Men’s and Women’s Fashion
Must Be Willing To Relocate
My client is now considering CV’s for an exciting new Head of Merchandising position in the East Midlands, with a brand story steeped in local history, and a business that offers luxury and quality clothing to appeal to all ages. If you are ready for your next career step and wish to be part of this inspiring story, send your CV today and let’s get the wheels in motion!
The chosen candidate will deliver the Merchandising critical path in terms of timely planning and forecasting at channel and gender product level; develop and agree departmental channel plans with Senior Management and Finance team, implementing agreed departmental strategy, and be responsible for delivering financial results (Sales, Margin, Inventory, Turnover). Among your other duties there will be –
- Drive revenue growth by ensuring inventory budget are allocated efficiently
- Execute inventory planning processes including OTB Management
- Monitor KPI performance against plan- taking action where appropriate
- Reforecast sales and stock based on current performance
- Review and analyse sales for quarterly planning/seasonal planning
- Work closely alongside Design/Production/Management/Finance teams
- Identify new business opportunities to grow sales and profitability
- Continuously monitor market activity, gathering market intelligence
- Proactively work with other channel heads to build a cohesive product
You will be building effective and open relationships with all heads of Department within the business; build effective and open relationships with all members of the Product team (Merchandising, Design, Production and Technical), and ensure productive relationships between Merchandising function and all other business areas to ensure goals are achieved, specifically the WSL and Finance teams. The right person will also –
- Ensure strong working relationship with Senior Merch & when/where necessary to ensure consistent communication from Merchandising to the wider business
- Understand, communicate, and manage employees to achieve the goals of the organisation and their personal development goals
- Manage team performance, setting clear objectives, giving regular feedback and addressing any performance issues
- Provide training, coaching staff in core technical and managerial skills.
- Utilise leaderships skills and motivation techniques to maximise employee performance and satisfaction
- Monitor the team’s overall output daily and identify and implement strategies to deliver/increase productivity
- Establish and deliver effective communication strategies within the department
- Lead by example in all work related activities, acting as a role model for employees
- Proactively deliver job related training for all department members
If you feel ready for a varied and exciting new career opportunity, and have the criteria noted here that will match the role, send over your CV.
Switch Consulting is a specialist retail sector recruitment company based in the UK.
Apply with your CV