Category Buyer – FMCG
I have been briefed on a exciting role with a Leading High Street specialist to assist in their recruitment of a Category Buyer
This opportunity will see you managing one of our biggest categories covering, elements of skincare and smoking cessation. You’ll have the autonomy to make key decisions from promotional strategies through to pricing and supplier strategies, utilising your experience in negotiation and supplier management.
Reporting into the Senior Buyer, you’ll be working within a small team, managing the end to end process of your categories stock and will utilise your knowledge from format and space through to merchandising to ensure the budgets on sales, margin, cash profit and supplier funding are met. Your focus will be on the needs of our customers and that demand is met through the management of defined product ranges and the supply base.
We’d love to speak to you if you have:
- Good knowledge of retail buying, ideally FMCG experience
- Proven track record in a similar role
- Scot Work and/or Gap Partnership qualification or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- High degree of computer literacy
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work to time pressures in a fast moving and rapidly changing market
- Good financial awareness and ability to interpret data
This is an exciting role and a key category. Please do get in touch if you would like to hear more.
Apply with your CV